Tuesday 5 July 2011

On the day I die, I'll say at least I fucking tried!!!

Doing this post for two reasons: 1. I said I would a few posts back
2. I got my first follower and I saw she likes Frank Turner! (She obviously has a good taste in music)

So Frank Turners new album came out last month and although it did take a few listens, I now think it’s possibly my favourite of his albums?!! I had it pre-ordered, so got it the day it came out, came with a signed poster and bonus tracks and was in a book form that had all the lyrics in it, which was cool. There’s maybe three songs (at the most) that I would class as ok, not bad songs, just not as good as the rest. Only three out of fifteen is pretty good going though!

This man is so talented, his songs are just amazing and actually have meaning to them, examples that spring to mind are 'I Knew Prufrock Before He Got Famous' and 'The Real Damage'. Saw him live the other year, he was great and I didn't many of the lyrics at that time either. Now I've got all his albums and was looking forward to seeing him at Leeds Fest, but unfortunately I have to work when he’s on, as I'm going as staff and that’s one of my shifts! Luckily I have an awesome friend who has an excellent music taste and we are now going to see Frank at Manchester Apollo in November instead! As long as I see him once, I'm happy!

Was having a hard time deciding what songs to link (as I said the album is great), finally decided on the opener to the album 'Eulogy', which is short, but like most of his songs it’s got a lot of sense to it and actually has meaning (like I said earlier) and the second song is called 'If Ever I Stray' and I played yesterday, when I went on a car journey with a few friends, which I thought was a great choice as I think the song is all about friendship.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous!! Your seeing him live!! :D Hope you have fun :) Xo

    http://livyy-girlunobserved.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
19, student, studying radio production and commercial music production at Chester uni!