Sunday 22 July 2012

Gimme the good life!

Woahhhhh so yeah I haven't put a new post on here for about a year? Kinda got caught up with uni and  just stopped, sorry about that.... so this is me dusting off the old blog and starting to do posts again! 

Right so this week the new Delphic song got its first play and my thoughts are its a very different feel to songs from their debut album 'Acolyte' with that album being more shoegazey dance music, whereas the new song sounds alot like a Klaxons song? Bigger on the drums, like a heavier beat, compared to their old stuff such as 'Counterpoint' which I think is alot more focused on the synths. But all in all I actually do really like this new song! I think its pretty catchy and I quite like the build up at the start into the chorus. 

The song is called 'Good Life' and its one of the official songs for the Olympics, so it remains to be seen if their second album will be more like this song or whether it is just a one off. I'm pretty sure their second album has been tipped to be released at the back end of this year so I'm sure we will find out soon! 

Anyway heres the song, give it a listen, tell me what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
19, student, studying radio production and commercial music production at Chester uni!